Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Are you ready to show some skin?



Summer Is Almost Here!!
Are your breakouts on your back making you hide your swimsuits and Tanks? 




No worries there's a trick for that. 


We all get some type of breakouts on our backs. It doesn't matter if you are male or female  it's going to happen.


 A lot of women get breakouts from their hormones, yoga tops, sports tops or bra's. 


Men get them on their back due to blocked follicles, oily skin mostly, not exfoliating and working out. 


Teenagers have this problem as well! Due to rapid hormone changes, Which means excess sebum (oil) production.





So how do we fix this problem? 
Let's go over some products and tools you can use. 



Everyone should use some form of exfoliating brush or body scrub for the back area. Sometimes the back gets neglected when showering because its hard to reach.


 I always have a "dry brush" in the shower. They have wooden handles and  brown bristles. This is a cheap exfoliator ! You can pick them up for around $5.00 at any drugstore, target, or even bath & body works.  






I like using a glycolic acid cleanser or exfoliant with or without the brush as well. As long as you are using one or both you will love it and your back will feel super clean! This would be for minor breakouts or normal exfoliating.


Now if you are having severe acne breakouts on your back, I suggest getting a salicylic cleanser. This is an oil soluble cleanser and will really help to loosen the impaction and help to dry out the lesion . Also I might add a benzoyl peroxide/salicylic lotion or spray. 
* You can get this from a Medspa or doctors office.*




Another problem is using comedogenic products. Using products that are clogging to the pores. There are tons of products that do this. Always pick products that say non-comedogenic. They could be soaps, lotions, body butters ...you get the hint. 


Always remove clothing you wear to and from the gym quickly ! Don't spend the day running errands in them! Germs love hot, damp clothing and it breeds bacteria. This will cause breakouts causing inflammation. Lets be real.... It's not comfortable! 


Comedogenic products will clog your pores causing blackheads and whiteheads or even more inflamed breakouts.


*Another great tip.*

If you have long hair keep it pulled up when at home. I see breakouts on the forehead, back and around the ears due to hair sitting on the skin. The oils in the hair transfer to the skin causing breakouts. If you have breakouts on the scalp, neck or around the face you may want to use a clarifying shampoo a few times a week as well.  




Professional Treatments








If you start using some of these tips you still may want to schedule an appointment with your esthetician. We can perform back treatments with steam and professional products you can't purchase. We are also trained to perform extractions. 


When I perform a back treatment on my clients they feel very relaxed. You get a great exfoliation, mask and a massage. It's worth giving a try! 





Julie Canoutas-Aesthetician 

910-452-3666


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post. It's a great help and I will try out those suggestions. Do you guyz take orders and ship the glytone products?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I'm glad to be able to help. I like being able to give people good information. Sometimes you get info on the internet that is not reliable and since I am a licensed esthetician I can give you a better answer than most. Its nice to have an outlet.

    If you ever have any questions feel free to ask away. I will try to answer as best I can and if I don't know the answer I will find it.

    Yes, I am able to ship products to you. I would just have a few questions for you about your skin type. Are you looking for body products? If you want you can send me a message about what concerns you have and I can tell you what you would need. As well as pricing. I would have to charge you for shipping to so let me know where you are located.

    Best Regards,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete